Skip to main content

News from Nicky

Hi AutoComers,

Thank you very much for the nice Christmas card you sent me. I was so happy when I got it and I thought back to my wonderful time in Michigan. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas time with good food (unfortunately too much food for me in the last days) and leisure time with your family. I don’t know why, but the time before Christmas is always stressful for me. Lot’s of stuff to do for university, I have to get presents for friends and family and everybody is celebrating the coming Christmas days with parties or at the Christmas market in Stuttgart.



But at least when it’s December 24th everything is ok and it’s time to relax and to write something for the AutoCom blog ;-) I know I’m a little bit late….

When I moved back to Germany I started the 5th semester at the university and also a new part-time job at a marketing agency in Stuttgart called “Seyther Kommunikation” (http://www.seyther-kommunikation.de/ the web site is unfortunately only in German). It is totally different from the work at AutoCom, because it’s not a public relations agency. Except the things I learned form Maagie when I helped her to organize all the events for AutoCom (that was so much fun, thanks Maagie!). Our latest big projects were an exhibition stand for Siemens at the Opening of the New Stuttgart Trade Fair Center and the employee event “Bavarian Evening” for the “Deutsche Post” (the German postal service).
On one hand I’m glad to be back in Germany with my family and friends. But on the other hand I miss lots of things in the States. There is Momma Dee, who had always an open ear for me; working together with Maagie and especially our trip to Traverse City in August; Jan, who was never angry when I came with some new ideas; Marty, who taught me a lot about PR, Jack and our interesting media lunches (I know I had lots of questions), Larry, who taught me a lot about PR-business (and it was always exciting to come to your office) and the girls and Paul, who took me out and showed me life in Detroit.



I hope everybody is fine and I wish all of you a Happy New Year 2008!
All the best,
Nicky.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hola!!!!

Soy un chico español(PABLO) que acabo de conocer vuestro blog y me parece interesante.
Yo también os deseo un FELIZ 2008!!! y que sigais igual de GUAPAS !!!.

BESOS Y ABRAZOS.
PABLO, SEVILLA (SPAIN)
Anonymous said…
Hey Nick!
Happy New Years! It is so great to hear from you! Sounds like thinks are going great. I really miss having you here, though.

Have a wonderful 2008! I know you will be successful in everything you do!

Maggie
AutoCom Interns said…
Hi Nicky,
hope you had a great New Years Eve! Thanks for your post! Sounds like you are doing well. Congratulations to your new job.
Keep in touch,
Christina and Silke
Anonymous said…
Hi Nicki...

Great hearing from you! We miss you, but are glad to hear that you're doing so well.

Where did Pablo come from? Great to know that the blog is getting read in Espana, however.

Perhaps someone from Spain or Latin America will even apply for an internship here one of these days.

Best wishes..

Larry
Anonymous said…
Nicky,

So good to hear from you!
Keep up the good work back home and
have a wonderful New Year!

We miss you very much!
(by the way the ear is still here if you ever need it!)

Popular posts from this blog

Jack inducted into PRSA Detroit Chapter Hall of Fame!

Hi everyone! Last night we went to the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s annual meeting. During the meeting was a ceremony for Jack Harned’s induction into the Hall of Fame. The meeting was downtown at the beautiful DTE Energy building. We had a great time networking with fellow colleagues in the PR industry and catching up with previous AutoCom employees. After dinner, Marty gave a great introduction to Jack. Jack’s speech was absolutely wonderful! Every one loved it! He talked about some of his past experiences from his hometown newspaper to working with GM and NASA. It seemed that everyone loved hearing his stories as much as we do at our Friday lunches! It’s great to know that Jack’s peers recognize all of his hard work. He has accomplished and seen so much, he truly deserves this award. From all of us at AutoCom: Congrats, Jack! We are all so proud of you! Leave some comments for Jack and keep an eye out for pictures, coming soon, at AutoCom's Facebook page! Until next time, Julia, Kerry

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu