Skip to main content

News from Mareike

Hey AtuoCom Staff,

now it's more than a month ago that I left. I think I settled down again in Germany...! I just want to give you a little update. Really a lot happened in one month....!

First of all....of course all my friends and my family were so happy that I am back. I still don't know what to answer, when the others are asking how I liked my 6 month in the US. Most of the time I just say great, because it would take forever to tell everything. Even showing all my pictures is too much for my friends. I have more than 2000 pics :-)

One of my best friends. My other best friend is just in Rome and I can't wait to see her for Christmas!


As u perhaps know I am living in Düsseldorf now, which is really famous for marketing and model agencies. After applying for some jobs I got quickly the first job offer. A really nice agency with a lot of fun clients. U see some of them in the picture. I am now working in the Daimler Team; project management is my new work field. I am supporting Daimler's marketing strategies world wide, so I still have to speak English. I allready saw my new desk (@ Andi: now I have a male deskmate. I hope he can bake brownies). I have a nice new screen and a good computer.... not like my little grandma I had until Santa Dee gave me a new computer. And the best thing about the job...this is for the ladies at the office....in a way every day at my office is a "Happy Friday" :-)


As u perhaps know, I was also looking for a good subject for my thesis. Last week I got the offer from a TV Station in Germany to write my thesis for them about mobile marketing like TV and Internet on the cell phone. I am really happy about that. I will start next year.


At the moment I am living at a friends place. But I am looking for an apartment. It's time to live alone :-) At the moment I have to share the apartment with 3 men. Axel - my roommate - and his two cats: Charly and Mike. They are both sooooo cute and so much fun. I think I will really miss them a lot, when I'll move out.



Mike - my favorite cat

After a hard day... playing soccer with my rolls... so I had no breakfast ;-)

I hope you are doing good... I miss you a lot, especially my favorite American lady AnAn!

I can promise you, Santa will bring you some nice "stuff" (chocolate T.). But he will be a little bit late.


-Mareike/MarMar

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Mareike,

Sounds like things have worked out really well for you job wise - congrats to you! I sure miss your unique sense of humor and await your chocolate!

Happy holidays!

Jan
Silke84 said…
Hi Mareike!
Great to hear from you! Sounds like everything is going well. How do you like the city Düsseldorf? Did you celebrated 11.11. there?
Wish you a great time and keep us posted!
Silke
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, things worked out really well.
But I didn't celebrate the 11.11.
I really like "Karneval" but I am not a big fan of the 11.11. I am not interested in prince and princess :-)
Andi said…
Mar Mar!

I'm so proud of you! Your new job sounds so exciting. I miss my deskmate very much! I can't wait to receive the package with Chocolate T*****s. :)

Have a great Holiday!!!!!

Andi
Jack Harned said…
Loved the pix of Dusseldorf...looks different than when I visited some 25 or so years ago.

Which of those boats is yours?

Jack Harned
Anonymous said…
Hi Mareike...

Super news....thanks for keeping us posted.

Sorry this note was so late in getting posted. I was on vacation for the past two weeks.

Larry

Popular posts from this blog

Jack inducted into PRSA Detroit Chapter Hall of Fame!

Hi everyone! Last night we went to the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s annual meeting. During the meeting was a ceremony for Jack Harned’s induction into the Hall of Fame. The meeting was downtown at the beautiful DTE Energy building. We had a great time networking with fellow colleagues in the PR industry and catching up with previous AutoCom employees. After dinner, Marty gave a great introduction to Jack. Jack’s speech was absolutely wonderful! Every one loved it! He talked about some of his past experiences from his hometown newspaper to working with GM and NASA. It seemed that everyone loved hearing his stories as much as we do at our Friday lunches! It’s great to know that Jack’s peers recognize all of his hard work. He has accomplished and seen so much, he truly deserves this award. From all of us at AutoCom: Congrats, Jack! We are all so proud of you! Leave some comments for Jack and keep an eye out for pictures, coming soon, at AutoCom's Facebook page! Until next time, Julia, Kerry

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu