Skip to main content

Aloha!

HI AUTOCOMERS!

Here are some pics of my trip to Honolulu, Hawaii (the paradise city!)…
...where the most beautiful beaches are!

I spent 10 days (9/17-9/26) in Hawaii with a friend of mine who lives in Honolulu. The flight took me more than 24 hours… You can assume that as soon as I was in Hawaii I fell asleep. But the next morning the beaches were waiting for us!


We went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and Waimea Beach. It was awesome. Hanauma Bay is gorgeous! Believe it or not. There is crystal-clear water, big palm trees and this is for all girls who want to travel to Hawaii: Guys in Hawaii are sooo cute.

At Waimea Beach we saw fish, very colorful as in the movie Finding Nemo! It was amazing to see all the different kinds. I’ve never seen so many colorful fish in nature! Unfortunately, we didn’t see sea-turtles.

On Sunday we went to a pineapple plantation. Did you know that pineapples grow on the ground? Neither did I! But they do and it looks very interesting!


On Monday we hiked on an old volcano called Diamond Head. It took us half an hour to get to the top. But the view was amazing!!! We could see Waikiki Beach and the island with all their skyscrapers.




That night we went to a Luau which is very famous in Hawaii. We were welcomed with a lei and a cocktail, you could learn how to dance hula and they offered a typical Hawaiian meal. We had pineapples, salad with algae and cucumber. The main dish was a plate full of delicious food: sweet potato, chicken, pig, roasted banana, rice, etc. and for dessert we had a cake with something else (I have no idea what it was called but it was pink and very, I mean, very very sweet). At this Luau Hawaiians performed the Hula dance which was very interesting. Not only their grass skirts were amazing but also the hula dance itself. I can tell you that’s Hawaii!


Silke

Comments

Anonymous said…
Woow...great photos. Coming back to the cold and snow must be tough!
Anonymous said…
I went to some of the same places in Hawaii!!!!! :) --Andi
Silke84 said…
As I arrived in Detroit I was surprised how warm it was in the end of september. It's getting colder now but I love the snow. I hope we have white X-Mas!
Anonymous said…
Silke, I am jealous! That looks just so great...

Though we do not have lots of snow over here I must admit that it is getting pretty cold in the South! I mean, I am really not used to temperatures in the 50s, anymore.

Hope to talk to you, soon.
Miss ya, Kristin

Popular posts from this blog

Jack inducted into PRSA Detroit Chapter Hall of Fame!

Hi everyone! Last night we went to the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s annual meeting. During the meeting was a ceremony for Jack Harned’s induction into the Hall of Fame. The meeting was downtown at the beautiful DTE Energy building. We had a great time networking with fellow colleagues in the PR industry and catching up with previous AutoCom employees. After dinner, Marty gave a great introduction to Jack. Jack’s speech was absolutely wonderful! Every one loved it! He talked about some of his past experiences from his hometown newspaper to working with GM and NASA. It seemed that everyone loved hearing his stories as much as we do at our Friday lunches! It’s great to know that Jack’s peers recognize all of his hard work. He has accomplished and seen so much, he truly deserves this award. From all of us at AutoCom: Congrats, Jack! We are all so proud of you! Leave some comments for Jack and keep an eye out for pictures, coming soon, at AutoCom's Facebook page! Until next time, Julia, Kerry

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu