Skip to main content

It feels good to be home!

After completing my third year at Northern Michigan University in the Upper Peninsula, it feels good to be back home and in the office again. Larry was very gracious in allowing me to come back to AutoCom.

For those of you that do not know me, my name is Tedi Falvo. Last summer I did an internship with AutoCom, and learned a lot about public relations outside of the classroom. Books can only teach you so much- the real learning comes when you go out on your own and put everything you have learned to the test. Last summer was a great experience, and I was thankful to work with such a great staff that was willing to help me succeed.

While I was in Marquette, Mich. continuing my studies in public relations, and sociology, I remained in contact with AutoCom. When I had a question regarding an aspect of my studies, I always knew where to turn! It is nice to have wonderful people surrounding and filling you with all of their knowledge. That is one aspect I love about working here-everyone works together as a team.

This is my second week back at AutoCom, and I am keeping myself busy with planning for our 6th annual Tech Crawl, and the Management briefing seminars in Traverse City, Michigan.

I look forward to working with you during the summer months ahead!

Tedi

Comments

Larry said…
Great to have you back!
Anonymous said…
Tedi: What a terrific testimonial to our internship program. Glad you are back!
Jack Harned said…
We're all so glad you are not still stuck in some snow bank up there.
Anonymous said…
Tedi comes in the office and the first thing she does is cleaning the whole office. That's what I call a cleaning freak ...and what we needed desperately!

Miriam

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...