Skip to main content

A new chapter of life begins

Dear AutoComers,

To keep you all updated, I wanted to let you all know that I am no longer Bianca Bischoff, the crazy German anymore. Now I am Bianca Clark, the crazy Germarican. On April 16th 2009 I married my fiancé and best friend Jason at Heritage Gardens, Shelby Township.

For all those who don't know me and the history…I did my internship in spring/summer 2006 with AutoCom and had one of the best times and experiences in my life. During that time I met my (now) husband who worked with one of my roommates. As destiny wanted it to be he speaks some German, loves Germany and works for Mercedes Benz Engines at Detroit Diesel. So we had the opportunity to spend some time together in Germany (as I am from Stuttgart, the Mercedes headquarter). After two years of traveling back and forth between the States and Germany, Jason proposed me last year in September during my visit. And after another 6 months of waiting for my visa and getting ready for the big step across the ocean, I am here. So this is the brief background of our history.

We had such a beautiful wedding. The weather was perfect, a little chilly, in the lower 60s with a lot of sunshine. As none of my friends could make it and even from my family just my dad could join us, we didn't have a wedding party (bridesmaids and groomsmen). But we had a really cute flower girl and my dad walked me down the aisle. The Gazebo in the park, where we got married, was set up really beautiful by Jason's aunt. And we took pictures there afterwards, too. One of the best things on my wedding day was, that my best American friend Maggie (yes the AutoCom Maggie) could join us.

The reception took place at the Gazebo Banquet Center in Warren and we had a really good and fun time with our family and close friends.

We spend the wedding night and another two days at the Marriot Downtown in the Renaissance Center. It was beautiful!!! I love Downtown! We didn't do our honeymoon right away, as I am not allowed to leave the country right now. But we are planning on going on a later honeymoon next year. We thought about the Virgin Islands or something like that. So we will see. Maybe another report about that will come up.

I don't have my own car yet, but as soon as I am able to, I will stop by and show you guys some more pictures.

Take care,

Bianca

Comments

Larry said…
Fantastic, Bianca. Love and best wishes for many, many happy years of marriage from me and I'm sure all of your friends at AutoCom as well.

Will you please be sure to stop by AutoCom regularly though?
Bianca said…
Hi Larry,
thank you!

I'll try my best. :) I wish I could stop by more often...I am sure I'll have my own car very soon and then you might wish I won't be there that much. :)
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your wedding! The pictures look beautiful!

Miriam
Jack Harned said…
Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride! Congratulations and best wishes. Glad you are back in the USA... hope to see you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Jack inducted into PRSA Detroit Chapter Hall of Fame!

Hi everyone! Last night we went to the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s annual meeting. During the meeting was a ceremony for Jack Harned’s induction into the Hall of Fame. The meeting was downtown at the beautiful DTE Energy building. We had a great time networking with fellow colleagues in the PR industry and catching up with previous AutoCom employees. After dinner, Marty gave a great introduction to Jack. Jack’s speech was absolutely wonderful! Every one loved it! He talked about some of his past experiences from his hometown newspaper to working with GM and NASA. It seemed that everyone loved hearing his stories as much as we do at our Friday lunches! It’s great to know that Jack’s peers recognize all of his hard work. He has accomplished and seen so much, he truly deserves this award. From all of us at AutoCom: Congrats, Jack! We are all so proud of you! Leave some comments for Jack and keep an eye out for pictures, coming soon, at AutoCom's Facebook page! Until next time, Julia, Kerry

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu