Skip to main content

Summer in Detroit


Summer at AutoCom came and went quickly but it was quite eventful. I had the opportunity to get heavily involved in parts one and two of Tech Crawl 2010 and in the 2010 Traverse City CAR’s Management Briefing Seminars events.

My responsibilities included creating welcome letters for press kits, writing and sending media invitations, media and client RSVPs and much more.

AutoCom worked extremely hard in preparing our summer client events. I had the chance to work at the July 14 Tech Crawl, it was really cool to witness how my contributions helped make the event what it was – a success.

On a personal level, I had a great summer in Metro Detroit. I barbequed a lot and I discovered that I can make one heck of a chicken kabob. I also had the chance to explore the area’s dining scene and I’m thrilled to report that there are a ton of good ‘eats’ here. My favorite is Oishi Japanese Restaurant Sushi & Bar in Novi.

In between eating and working I managed to experience Michigan’s great outdoors, doing activities such as kayaking and canoeing on the Huron River. As summer winded down, I also got to witness a Detroit classic – the 16th Annual Woodward Dream Cruise. There’s nothing quite like watching thousands of classic custom hotrods and muscle cars roll down the street.

I hope everyone else had a great summer.

-Nathan

Comments

Larry said…
Nice post, Nathan. You've been a busy, busy guy since joining the AutoCom team.

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...