Skip to main content

Where the heck is Investment Drive?!

March 25, 2009, 7.15am: I just left my house in Royal Oak and make my way now to I-696. It is raining cats and dogs. I had to get up at 6.30am. Can’t remember the last time I got up that early! I am supposed to be in Farmington Hills at 8.30am and meet up with Andi and Marty at Daimler Financial Services. PRSA is having a breakfast meeting there. I am so excited! My first business meeting! Google Map says it will take about 21 min to get there. I don’t want to be late, so I leave way in advance, just to make sure that I am there on time!

March 25, 2009, 7.20am: I am now on I-696, I can hardly see anything. It is dark and raining. My average speed is 55/mph. Why is everybody passing me?!

March 25, 2009, 7.30am: I am still on I-696. Where is my cell phone?! In my purse maybe?! I didn’t leave it at home, did I?! … Yes, I did. Okay, no need to worry…I have got directions from Google Map…I will get there!

March 25, 2009, 7.40am: Here it is, Exit 5, Orchard Lake Road! I am in Farmington Hills! Wow, that was easy! Okay, what next? I am way too early and according to Google Maps it will take only 10 minutes to get to Investment Drive. Well, I guess, to be on the safe side, I better first check where Investment Drive is and then head off for coffee.

March 25, 2009, 8.00am: I have been driving on W 12 Mile Rd up and down for the last twenty minutes now…. and I can’t find Investment Drive! Slowly, I get nervous…

March 25, 2009, 8.10am: Still haven’t found it. Help!!! Since I forgot my cell phone, I can’t call Marty or Andi. Well, I just ask some people on the street where to go.

March 25, 2009, 8.20am: I found a person to ask, unfortunately she didn’t know where to find Investment Drive either! Okay, let’s go back on W 12 Mile Rd and do it all over again…


March 25, 2009, 8.30am: Alright, the meeting is starting now…at this very second…and without me! A nightmare of every intern…

March 25, 2009, 8.35am: Alright, I give up. I just can’t find stupid Investment Drive! Let’s go back to the office. No, I won’t start crying now…

March 25, 2009, 8.37am: I knew it exists – an angel who guards blond German girls to their destinations! I just turned right into Investment Drive. Don’t ask how I got there. All I know is that I am the happiest person on earth on March 25, 2009, at 8.37am!

Comments

Doreen said…
Hehe, I love your text!!
An I am glad you found it ;-).
Jack Harned said…
Great post!
Maybe an old-fashioned compass would do better than Google.

Jack
Larry said…
Great....an AutoCom blog version of Tweets and Twitters.
Andi said…
You poor thing! :(

Popular posts from this blog

Jack inducted into PRSA Detroit Chapter Hall of Fame!

Hi everyone! Last night we went to the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s annual meeting. During the meeting was a ceremony for Jack Harned’s induction into the Hall of Fame. The meeting was downtown at the beautiful DTE Energy building. We had a great time networking with fellow colleagues in the PR industry and catching up with previous AutoCom employees. After dinner, Marty gave a great introduction to Jack. Jack’s speech was absolutely wonderful! Every one loved it! He talked about some of his past experiences from his hometown newspaper to working with GM and NASA. It seemed that everyone loved hearing his stories as much as we do at our Friday lunches! It’s great to know that Jack’s peers recognize all of his hard work. He has accomplished and seen so much, he truly deserves this award. From all of us at AutoCom: Congrats, Jack! We are all so proud of you! Leave some comments for Jack and keep an eye out for pictures, coming soon, at AutoCom's Facebook page! Until next time, Julia, Kerry

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu