Skip to main content

Fresh energy



Hello everyone, we are Christina and Yannik and we just joined the AutoCom Associates team. We are very happy to bring fresh energy, creativity and enthusiasm to AutoCom. We are looking forward to doing our best possible to contribute to the daily business as well as upcoming events.




Hi I’m Christina and I’m 25 years old. I am studying at the University of Applied Science in Recklinghausen, Germany, where I will graduate from next summer. I’m pursuing a bachelor’s degree in international business law and business management.
I look forward to improve my language skills and benefit from working for AutoCom by gaining hands on experience in the field of public relations. 
This is my first time in the USA for such a long period of time and I am really looking look forward to gaining an insight in the American culture. Prior to my internship I was in New York in 2009 for a week. I hope to have a lot of fun and meet new and nice people while I am here, as I have already met at AutoCom.
In the past I held a three-year apprenticeship as a social insurance case manager and worked part-time at an insurance company in Bochum, Germany.


Hi my name is Yannik and I am a 23-year old student from Germany.  I am studying International Business at the Berlin School for Economics and Law, where I will graduate in the summer of 2015. I choose a marketing specialization during my study program, so I am very excited to gain some valuable work experience in public relations. 
This last year I spent in the United Kingdom, in Cambridge to be precise, where I had the chance to study for two semesters. I also worked as an intern for six months right after I graduated high school in the summer of 2010. I worked for an international operating logistics company in Costa Rica, called Dacotrans de Centroamerica.
This is not my first time in the USA either, during high school I had the chance to spend one year in Minnesota as an international exchange student.  Of course it is great to be back and experience some more of the American lifestyle.

Of course we will keep you updated about everything that is going on and our experience at AutoCom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...