Skip to main content

Visiting Point Pelee, the most southern part of Canada



Located 30 miles (50 km) south-east of Windsor, Ontario, Point Pelee National Park of Canada is one of Canada's smallest national parks and is known for its  mild climate due to its geographic location, which is comparable to Rome and Barcelona.
“Warm and sunny weather” that sounds nice, especially in Michigan during the winter period but…
About 17 ºF (we are talking about not quite less than -8 ºC) and a “refreshing” wind at least made us feel like we were in Canada :D
Anyways, we did not freeze to death and it was definitely worth it!
The marsh boardwalk and the tip, the most southern point of Canada, were awesome and we took a lot of wonderful pictures of the ice crystals, the shafts of sunlight breaking through the clouds, as well as the rough but still calming beach.


Have you ever been to Point Pelee? Maybe in the summer time? What were your experiences?
We would be glad to hear how Point Pelee appears during other seasons!

Comments

Jack Harned said…
I've been close to it, but never visited Point Pelee. Now I'm going to, for sure!
donhab said…
Good place for bird watching in spring and summer. Birds know to go further south in winter!
AutoCom Interns said…
You definitly should, it is so nice :)

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...