Skip to main content

New In Town


I am Anna Schuhmacher and I am the second of the two new interns at AutoCom Associates. I am from Germany and next year I plan to graduate with a B.A. in international business with focus on marketing at the University of Technology and Business (HTW) in Aalen, Germany.
I am 25 years old and live in Schwaebisch Hall, Germany.
Prior to studying at HTW Aalen I was certified as an industrial business management assistant by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Stuttgart, after having completed a 2.5-year apprenticeship in January 2008 in Winnenden, Germany.

It’s my first time in the U.S. and I am very happy to be here. It has always been my dream to live here for a long period of time.
To me, the most impressive thing in America are the Americans themselves. They are always very nice and helpful. They also have huge cars, which you hardly see in Germany.

Due to organizational obligations, my first week went by very quickly. Meanwhile, I am already feeling very comfortable in the U.S., especially at AutoCom. Everyone at AutoCom is so kind and very obliging! I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a part of such a successful team. I look forward to learning as much as I can over the next few months!

Best,

Anna

Comments

Jack Harned said…
Good picture...

Glad to have you with us...
Larry said…
Hi Anna...
Great to have you here at AutoCom. You'll find the time flies by pretty quickly!

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...