Skip to main content

Time to go…

April? It’s already April? I can’t believe that today is the last day of my internship at AutoCom! The last six months flew by so quickly and now my desk is cleared and I passed my assignments on to Annika.

I want to thank you all so much for having me here. I’ve had a great time and learned many things about public relations. I really appreciate the opportunity of working in an American business and being able to be involved in a lot of different projects and to bear responsibility.

It’s really hard for me to give up the life I started in Detroit. I met a lot of wonderful people and made good friends. Also, I experienced a lot during my trips and outings. Luckily, my stay is not over yet. On Monday I’m going to fly to California for ten days. Afterwards I’ll relax for 14 days in Yucatan, Mexico. Can you imagine how excited I am? ;-) After that I’ll come back to Detroit for two more days to fly home to Germany.

But I’m planning on coming back to the U.S. to visit in summer 2010 or 2011. Then I’ll definitely stop by and say hi to you! And, of course, I hope to see some of you back in Germany some day, too.

Good bye everyone! I’m gonna miss you!


Doreen

Comments

larry said…
Bye Doreen! We'll really miss you!

Please be sure to email me with your personal email address and cell phone number. Hopefully we can connect while you're in Mexico!

I believe you have my cell number and email as well.
Anonymous said…
Great Photo...
Don't forget us!

Jack

Popular posts from this blog

Time to say Goodbye

Only two days left until Don Haberek will leave the AutoCom Team. He was our COO, interns supervisor and the best cake cutter ever! He always had time for the intern's issues and was listening very patiently and carefully to us. Even if he had to repeat his advice a billion times for the foreign interns! But he wasn't only a great interns supervisor. He also gave everbody the oppotunity to gain some weight, when he was cutting perfectly our (nearly weekly ;-)) cake. We really hope, we will find somebody who has the same great technic to cut a cake: 1) Be very gentle to the cake! 2) Use a very sharpe-edged knife, especially our chocolate junky Mareike doesn't want to waste a bit! 3) Be sure that you cut enough pieces. But we think we allready have a new cake cutter. After a long long time Don finally found his twin brother. And accidentally he is working for AutoCom aswell. :-) Who is dressing like Don, must have the same skills! Thanks for everything, we wi ll miss having...

Who is Wayne???

Now I am more than one month here and time is going by so fast. I wanted to post earlier, but we had some problems with the blog. My first month was more like a week. Getting a Social Sec. No, a bank account, finding a new place, discovering Detroit (I got totally lost when I moved to my new place, but thank god I have my own navigation system called Nicky&Josh :o)). My new place downtown. I just have to figure out, how I can get rid of my room mate "Young" :-) But the hardest thing was to find a car. In particular I had one big problem: Former interns bought their cars at Wayne’s garage. But nobody at AutoCom knew Wayne’s last name. And trying to find Wayne by the search terms “Wayne, garage and car” at google was very ineffective. Asking all former interns was interesting, too. Nicky and I got very different information and so we tried to merge all the different pieces of the puzzle to one big “Wayne’s-Address-Puzzle”. But finally we got to Wayne’s garage. For all futu...

Tata Nano - A Small Car with a Big Future

Tata Technologies unveils the Tata Nano, designed as 'World's cheapest car'. The people's car from Tata Motors is not a question. It is the answer. Can you imagine a brand-new car for $2,500? No, it’s not a motorbike or a scooter… it is the world’s cheapest production car, the Tata Nano. On Thursday, January, 14 a mini Indian car was unveiled to North America. The auto market has changed. It is a global trend that today’s demand is leaning more towards mini cars. It is time to be efficient. It is time for the Tata Nano. At the Detroit Science Center, Kerry Hokett and I welcomed over 50 journalists that took part at Tata Technologies’ media briefing. As I looked around the room, I saw cameras flashing, video cameras rolling, people posing around the car, smiling Tata Technologies team eager to help and of course the small Tata Nano was the center of attention. But that was later... First, entering the hall, we saw a small car’s silhouette under a gray cover. ...